Thursday 31 July 2014

Uncle John - part 2

I've had a lot of fun with my Uncle John bust painting the clothing, texturing and dirtying it up; I've done a bit of subtle tweaking on the flesh tones. I think there will be a lot more tweaking as the mini develops and the overall colour palette comes together. The purple shadows are 'interesting' to work with but I need to get the red jacket painted in order to resolve a few of the shadow areas. 
I’ve just enjoyed an utterly self-indulgent and thoroughly productive week ‘home alone’ with my minis. Being able to become totally absorbed in my hobby has been a joy, and something I’ve not really been able to do since the long summer holidays of my teens. I think the results speak for themselves. 
But now it’s back to real life and, in all likelihood, I’m not going to get much, if any, painting done over the next couple of weeks. That may turn out to be a good thing, It gives me the chance to think through and plan my progress on Uncle John. I’ve made a good start and got lots done, but I want to build on what I’ve achieved and see if I can take it up another level. And let’s not forget there’s a cyborg parrot to be painted – feathers and all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment