Monday 27 April 2015

Salute 2015

With Mole done and dusted I had a little time to consider some other entries for Salute. So I was busy all day Friday making some adjustments to Squarg's base - that was very nervous work, but it was well worth the effort. I’ll post in more detail about Squarg’s base, the changes I made to it and why I made those changes, in the near future.

When the big day arrived it found me in a calmer frame of mind than in previous years. It might just be possible that I’m finally getting used to entering painting competitions and I have my nerves under better control!

Salute seemed to be bigger and busier than ever but the venue had much more space this year and that made for a more enjoyable overall experience. As usual the day seemed to go very quickly with the painting comp, stands, games and socializing (always the best thing about these events) making for a busy time. Before I’d managed to get round and see everything it was time for the painting competition results.


Uncle John made it through to the finals. Mole got First Place in Science Fiction Single Figure and, to my utter delight, Squarg got First Place in Fantasy Creature or Vehicle. But that's not the best of it because Squarg also won Best in Show! Needless to say I'm a very happy bunny.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the three wins at Salute! Worthy of the prizes, the minis are superb.

    Just a note there seems to be something funmy going om with your photobucket, there are a couple of Gutrot Spume photos showing as not available (it's how I found your blog actually)

    Top work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Well deserved awards indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations :) I always thought squarg was something special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Dave. Great insight into how you re worked this. The after photos make the frog look slightly darker which I prefer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very happy with the new darker photos as they are a truer representation of the colours! I think I've been over lighting my minis in the past.

      Delete